Thank you for your interest in the GoodGrid Program, however we do not recommend vulnerable customers participate. Sorry, you’re not eligible for our GoodGrid Program at this stage.
While we have been unable to include you in this program at this time, you can still contribute to the community’s energy saving efforts.
Aside from reducing your electricity bills, your efforts will help stabilise Victoria’s electricity use and help prevent potential power outages.
Days of extreme temperatures often cause a dramatic increase in electricity use across the state as people turn up their air conditioners and other appliances during the hot weather.
On these days, you can contribute by implementing some of the below tips at home:
* Keep blinds and curtains closed to block out heat;
* Try opening your doors and windows to cool the house at night, rather than running the air conditioner constantly;
* Seal any gaps in windows and doors to keep the heat out;
* Keep your air conditioner thermostat at 26 degrees, this will still cool your home but won’t use as much electricity;
* Turn any non-essential items off such as air conditioners, televisions and lights when you leave a room;
* Turn off appliances at the power point to reduce the use of stand-by power;
* Keep air conditioner filters clean to allow them to operate more efficiently; and
* Turn on the fan instead of the air conditioner if you can.
We’re not asking everyone to follow these energy saving tips, especially elderly people, households with young children or people who are ill. Consider your situation when deciding whether you can implement these tips.
Login to myHomeEnergy
to monitor, budget and assess your energy consumption.